Concealed Carry Permit Renewals
The Five Year Concealed Carry Permits that were issued, starting in May of 2003, will be expiring soon. This page will provide some guidance for the permit holders that wish to renew their carry permits. Please note, this only applies for those people that have a current FIVE year carry permit, issued by the sheriff.
You may renew your carry permit up to 90 days prior or 30 days after the expiration date on your permit. Please note, you may NOT renew earlier than 90 days prior or later than 30 days after. If an application is received after the 30 day window, it will be considered a new permit, and a fee of $100 will be required.
To renew your carry permit, you will need the following:
- Copy of your concealed carry training certificate. This training MUST be within the past twelve (12) calendar months, of permit renewal application date. Ensure you understand this, this is very important.
- Copy of your driver's license.
- Copy of your current concealed carry permit.
- Check/money order/cash for $75.00
- Completed carry renewal permit application.
Once the renewal process is complete, your carry permit will be valid for another FIVE years.
If you have any questions concerning the renewal process, please contact the sheriff's office at 218-547-1424.
Click here for a Permit to Carry application: Permit to Carry Application
|© Cass County, MN, 2014|