Cass County Recorder
The Cass County Recorder/Registrar of Titles is Kathryn "Katie"
Courthouse Annex, 2nd Floor
303 Minnesota Avenue W
P.O. Box 3000
Walker, MN 56484
This office is responsible for all of the following activities:
- Recording deeds, mortgages and approximately 400 different real estate
documents, all of which are imaged/scanned in house. ( Responsibility for
legal records of all real estate in the county is under the jurisdiction
of this office
- Originating Certificates of Title conveying land under Torrens Land
- Filing liens on crops, machinery, household goods, boats, motors,
etc., providing information certificates on the liens, and entering
liens into statewide computer network for the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Recording military service discharges and issuing certified copies.
- Filing county officials bonds, oaths of office, and federal and state
- Recording bankruptcy documents, power of attorney, and farm names.
Records all official plats.
- Files government corners
The mission of the Cass County Recorder/Registrar is to establish the
highest quality of customer service in providing information and products
to the consumer. We are dedicated to protecting and preserving the recordings/filings
of all documents in a manner which is both timely and cost effective.
- To promptly record/file real estate and personal property documents
in accordance with statutory requirements.
- To accurately produce a tract index and certificates of title from
- To expedite retrieval and reproduction of the recorded and filed real
estate and personal property documents for the customer and continually
seek to enhance these methods.
- To protect and preserve all records for the public with integrity
in an understandable format and medium for future generations.
- To provide quality service and information to our customer by employing
a knowledgeable and dedicated staff.
- To promote a professional work environment in which our customers
and employees are valued and treated with courtesy and respect.