Adult, Child, and Family Services
- Conducts investigations of adult abuse and neglect
- Completes nursing home pre-admission screenings and planning for
Chemical Dependency Services
- Assesses individuals with problems due to alcohol or drug use/abuse
and recommends treatment options.
- Provides education regarding the affects of alcohol and drugs.
- Provides funding for treatment.
Child Support Enforcement
- Locate absent parents
- Establish paternity
- Obtain and enforce support orders
Children and Family Services
- Provides services to families and children to enhance family functioning
and preserve family units.
- Assesses allegations of child neglect and abuse.
Child Care Services
- Assists families in need of funding for child
Developmental Disabilities Services
- Provides services to persons with developmental disabilities to help
them achieve independence, productivity, and community integration.
Financial Assistance Services
- Determines individual/family eligibility for: Minnesota Family Investment
Program (MFIP), Emergency Assistance, Food Stamps, General Assistance,
Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA), General Assistance Medical Care
(GAMC), Medical Assistance (MA), and Minnesota Care.
- For additional information, check the Minnesota
Department of Human Services.
- Investigates allegations of intentional withholding, concealing,
or misrepresenting information that affects financial grant eligibility
or amount of payment.
- Conducts licensing studies for day care, foster care, and adult foster
Mental Health Services
- Provides services to children with severe emotional disturbance.
- Assists individuals with serious and persistent mental illness.
- Provides funding for outpatient counseling, allowing individuals
their choice of private therapist.