Cass County Recorder
The Cass County Recorder/Registrar of Titles is Kathryn "Katie" M. Norby
Courthouse Annex, 2nd Floor
303 Minnesota Avenue W
P.O. Box 3000
Walker, MN 56484
DUE TO COVID-19, THERE MAY BE DELAYS IN RECORDING. PLEASE BE PATIENT. THANK YOU!
This office is responsible for all of the following activities:
- Recording deeds, mortgages and approximately 400 different real estate documents, all of which are imaged/scanned in house. (Responsibility for legal records of all real estate in the county is under the jurisdiction of this office.
- Originating Certificates of Title conveying land under Torrens Land System.
- Recording military service discharges and issuing certified copies.
- Recording county officials bonds, oaths of office, and federal and state tax liens.
- Recording bankruptcy documents, power of attorney, and farm names. Records all official plats.
- Recording government corner certificates.
The mission of the Cass County Recorder/Registrar is to establish the highest quality of customer service in providing information and products to the consumer. We are dedicated to protecting and preserving the recordings/filings of all documents in a manner which is both timely and cost effective.
- To promptly record/file real estate and personal property documents in accordance with statutory requirements.
- To accurately produce a tract index and certificates of title from the recordings/filings.
- To expedite retrieval and reproduction of the recorded and filed real estate and personal property documents for the customer and continually seek to enhance these methods.
- To protect and preserve all records for the public with integrity in an understandable format and medium for future generations.
- To provide quality service and information to our customer by employing a knowledgeable and dedicated staff.
- To promote a professional work environment in which our customers and employees are valued and treated with courtesy and respect.