Yard Waste and Composting

Composting Classes

You can dispose of grass clippings, leaves, and pine needles at the following locations:

Longville:Slagle Transfer Site

Mark's Farm and Garden, Pine River, North of Hackensack

Walker/Hackensack Transfer Site.

You can bring tree trimmings and brush to the Slagle and Walker/Hackensack locations.

Environmental Services encourages you to compost. For more information on how to start a compost pile or indoor worm composting, contact the ESD or the Minnesota Extension Service-Cass County, located in Pine River.
Phone: 218-587-8280.