Household Hazardous Product Exchange

bicycle recycleThank you for using materials from the Cass County Product Exchange.

We are always happy to give products away to people who will use them, rather than pay tax dollars to dispose of good materials. We ask that you use the products as intended and dispose of the containers properly when you have finished with them.

Please call if you have any questions about disposal and handling of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW): toll free at 1-888-910-2425 or 587-3450.

Container Disposal Guideline
garbagecan question
If there is still product left over that you could not use up:

  • Do not throw it in the garbage. Please call us for an appointment and bring the remaining material back to us.
  • Do not simply bring the stuff back and leave it in the product room. We have to check out any product that comes into our building. Call 587-3450 or toll free at 1-888-910-2425 for an appointment.
  • If the containers are empty, leave the lids off!
  • Allow empty metal paint cans to dry. Leave the lids off and either place in recycling bin with other cans or throw in your garbage.
  • Empty aerosol cans may be placed in recycling bins or thrown away in garbage.
  • Allow plastic paint pails to dry, and then throw in garbage, not in recycling bins.
  • Metal cans for paint thinner, charcoal lighter fluid, etc, may be recycled when can is dry and empty. Be sure to leave the cover off.
  • Plastic containers for paint thinner and other products can be thrown in garbage. Leave lids off.