Construction Debris

bicycle recycleDrop-off Center Location: Cass County Solid Waste Transfer Station, 2 miles north of Pine River on Hwy 371.

Phone: 1-888-910-2425, ext. 2, or 218-587-3455. Please leave a message. Your call will be returned.

Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)is accepted by appointment only. Please call for an appointment.

During the summer months, Mobile Hazardous Waste Collections are held in various locations in the County. If you have any Household Hazardous Waste that you need to dispose of before the collections, call 1-888-910-2425 Ext. 2, to make an appointment.

What is Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)?
Chemical products that have signal words on the labels such as Caution, Warning, Danger, Poison, Flammable, Combustible, and Corrosive.

These products include automotive, lawn and garden, home improvement and household cleaners. Examples include old gas, engine degreasers, old paint and paint products, pesticides, pool chemicals, stains, varnish, tar, oven cleaners, aerosol products, mothballs, glues, and drain cleaners.

Used motor oil and oil filters do not need to go through this program. Bring these items to any of the Cass County solid waste transfer sites at any time. Some area service stations and hardware stores also accept waste oil. Check with stores in your area for details.

Will it cost me money to drop off household hazardous materials?
No. Cass County residents can use this service at no additional cost.

Can I bring materials to the HHW Center at any time?
No. You will need to call 1-888-910-2425, ext. 2, or 218-587-3455 for an appointment.

Generally drop-off appointments are scheduled for Thursdays. Other days may be scheduled if necessary. You may get a recording when you call the above number, because staff is not scheduled full time. Please leave your name, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

There is no charge for county residents to drop off household materials.

Small businesses may qualify for another program to help them with hazardous waste disposal. Call the HHW number above for more details.

See also the Cass County Household Hazardous Product Exchange.

Construction and Demolition Debris

This includes materials such as concrete, asphalt, shingles, wood, bricks, and glass. Contact the Cass County Environmental Sevice Department for additional disposal information: 218-547-7241, 218-547-7428, or 1-800-910-2425.

pile of brickdebris pile of lumbermixed pile of pallets

Call the following demo debris disposal contractors for site locations and costs.

Grinning Bear Demo


Pine River/Pequot Lakes area

Hengel Demo Disposal


Gull Lake Area

Hoss's Truck Sales & Demo


Walker Area

Slagel Demo


Longville - Remer Area

Westside Demo


Pine River-Pequot Lakes Area

Construction and demolition debris roll-off service is available from several area waste haulers. Contact the haulers for rates and service.