Applicance and Furniture Redistribution

The Cass County Environmental Service Department has initiated a program to keep good usable furniture and appliances from going to the landfill. If you have appliances or furniture that you no longer want but that are in usable condition, try to sell them or give them to someone else.

If these measures fail, please do not throw these items away. Bring them to the County transfer sites listed below. The items will be given away to those who need them.

Items to Donate or Pick Up?
If you have items to donate, or if you need furniture or appliances, you may stop in at the Main Transfer Solid Waste Transfer Station, 2 miles north of Pine River on Highway 371.

No appointment is necessary. Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 to noon on Saturday. Stop at the office first and the attendant will assist you. During the summer months, The Walker-Hackensack transfer site also provides this service.

The items will be dispersed throughout the county free of charge to people who need them. Items will be listed, and in some cases distributed, through the Cass County/Leech Lake Reservation Children's Initiative Family Service Centers. Anyone is welcome to come to the transfer sites to pick up items at no cost to them.

Contact Information
If you need more information, contact your local Family Service Center or The Cass County Household Hazardous Waste/Furniture redistribution facility at Pine River. Call (218) 587-3455 and leave a message.

Please do not bring junk. It will not be accepted.

Check out local MATEX (materials exchange) listings and the Minnesota Materials Exchangesite.