Low Interest Septic Loans Available to Cass County Residents
Septic Loan Application Packet and Lending Brochure
Low interest loans are available to Cass County Landowners to repair or upgrade an existing non-conforming septic system. The Minnesota Department of Agriculture has appropriated funds to Cass County for the loans. Loans of 3% will be offered to qualified landowners in Cass County. An origination fee of 0.5% shall be charged to the borrower along with other customary closing fees. Region 5 Development Commission will be the administrator of the loans. The program goals are to improve the environment by replacing non-compliant systems and providing access to low interest funding that had not otherwise been utilized.
The Region 5 ISTS Loan Program will provide funding for the:
- Repair or replacement of an existing Individual Sewage Treatment System (ISTS) that does not conform with the provisions of the MN Rules Chapter 7080.
- Relocation of ISTS out of environmentally sensitive areas.
- Replacement of ISTS that is failing or non-conforming.
The ISTS program will not provide funding for:
- Individual Sewage Treatment Systems (ISTS) in excess of 5,000 gallons of waste water per day.
- Installation of a new ISTS.
- Expansion or upgrading of a conforming ISTS due to construction of additional living quarters.
- Costs that were incurred before the effective date or after termination date of the loan package approval.
Please call Region 5 Development Commision at 218-894-3233 or click here for an application packet.