Low Interest Septic Loans Available to Cass County Residents
Septic System & Household Well Water Loans
Low interest loans are available to Cass County Homeowners to repair or upgrade an existing non-conforming septic system. The Minnesota Department of Agriculture has allocated these funds to Cass County to finance loans. Loans at a rate of 3% for up to 5 years will be provided to qualified property owners in Cass County. An application fee of $50 shall be charged to the borrower along with other customary closing fees. Region 5 Development Commission will be the administrator of the loans. The program goals are to improve the environment by replacing non-compliant systems and providing access to low interest funding that had not otherwise been utilized.
The Region 5 ISTS Loan Program will provide funding for the:
- Repair or replacement of an existing Individual Sewage Treatment System (ISTS) that does not conform with the provisions of the MN Rules Chapter 7080.
- Relocation of ISTS out of environmentally sensitive areas.
- Replacement of ISTS that is failing or non-conforming.
The ISTS program will not provide funding for:
- Individual Sewage Treatment Systems (ISTS) in excess of 5,000 gallons of waste water per day.
- Installation of a new ISTS.
- Expansion or upgrading of a conforming ISTS due to construction of additional living quarters.
- Costs that were incurred before the effective date or after termination date of the loan package approval.
Please call Region 5 Development Commision at 218-894-3233 ext 6 or click here for access to the Lending Brochure and Loan Application on their website.