Low Interest Septic Loans Available to
Cass County Residents
MEDIA RELEASE: 9/23/02
Contact: Gail Leverson,
Region 5 Economic Development Director
Ph. 218-894-3233, ext. 18
For immediate release
Low interest loans are available to Cass County Landowners to repair
or upgrade an existing non-conforming septic system. Loans of 3% will
be offered to qualified landowners in Cass County. The Minnesota Department
of Agriculture has appropriated funds to Cass County for the loans. Region
5 Development Commission will be the administrator of the loans. The program
goals are to improve the environment by replacing non-compliant systems
and providing access to low interest funding that had not otherwise been
Loans of up to $8,000 can only be issued to private property owners in
Cass County. Applicants must provide proof of repayment ability. The NCEDA
Loan Board of the Region 5 Development Commission will review loan applications
monthly and make loan approval recommendations. An origination fee of
½ % shall be charged to the borrower along with other customary
closing fees. Life of the loan will not extend past five years.
The Cass County ISTS Loan Program will provide funding for the:
- Repair or replacement of an existing Individual Sewage Treatment System
(ISTS) that does not conform with the provisions of the MN Rules Chapter
- Relocation of ISTS out of environmentally sensitive areas.
- Replacement of ISTS that is failing or non-conforming with an expanded
portion of the ISTS.
- Funding priority, if necessary, will be given to properties participating
in the Healthy Lakes Program.
The ISTS program will not provide funding for:
- Individual Sewage Treatment Systems (ISTS) in excess of 5,000 gallons
of waste water per day.
- New connections or repairing old connections to collection systems
or municipal waste treatment systems.
- Installation of ISTS for new construction.
- Expansion or upgrading of a conforming ISTS due to construction of
additional living quarters, new construction or new expanded use.
- Costs that were incurred before the effective date or after termination
date of the loan package approval.
Please call Cass County Environmental Services at (218) 547-7241 or click
an application packet.