Courthouse Annex, 2nd Floor
303 Minnesota Avenue W, PO Box 3000
Walker, MN 56484-3000
Auditor Division 218-547-7260
Treasurer Division 218-547-7260
Vital Statistics 218-547-7247
The responsibilities of the department of the Auditor-Treasurer include
- Serving as chief general accounting officer: accounts payable, accounts
receivable, central payroll and benefit administration, and preparation
of periodic financial reports and an annual financial statement.
- Serving on the budget committee and providing accounting/technical
support for the annual budget and truth in taxation processes.
- Administering the property tax system, including all levy and tax
increment financing data, tax settlement process, parcel ownership database,
delinquent taxes, and tax forfeiture.
- Maintaining computerized parcel-based mapping for the geographic land
records information system.
- Serving as chief election officer of the county.
- Providing licensing services for retail sales of liquor, beer, tobacco;
precious metals; transient merchant; mass gathering permits, public fireworks displays, and gambling permits/exemptions.
- Supervising internal mail services division for all in-coming and
out-going county mail.
- Disbursing county funds at the direction of the county board to cover
county liabilities, and serving as chief investment officer to invest
available fund balances under statutory guidelines.
- Mailing billing statements and collecting payment for all real estate,
personal property, severed mineral interests, manufactured homes, and
tree growth taxes.
- Maintaining tax books showing taxes paid or unpaid.
- Settling and distributing taxes collected for local taxing districts
of the county towns, cities, school districts, and special taxing
- Completing tax certificates and tax searches.
- Providing tax record information to realtors, mortgage companies and
- Collecting deed and mortgage registration taxes.
- Administering vital statistics birth, death, marriage, notary
public applications and service.
2011 State Audit Report
2010 State Audit Report
2010 Cass County Budget
2009 State Audit Report
2009 Cass County Budget
2008 State Audit Report
2008 Cass County Budget
Control Board - pull-tabs, raffles, bingo, paddlewheels, and tipboards.