Courthouse Annex, 2nd Floor
303 Minnesota Avenue W, PO Box 3000
Walker, MN 56484-3000
Auditor Division 218-547-7260
Treasurer Division 218-547-7260
Vital Statistics 218-547-7247
The responsibilities of the department of the Auditor-Treasurer include
- Serving as chief general accounting officer: accounts payable, accounts
receivable, central payroll and benefit administration, and preparation
of periodic financial reports and an annual financial statement.
- Serving on the budget committee and providing accounting/technical
support for the annual budget and truth in taxation processes.
- Administering the property tax system, including all levy and tax
increment financing data, tax settlement process, parcel ownership database,
delinquent taxes, and tax forfeiture.
- Maintaining computerized parcel-based mapping for the geographic land
records information system.
- Serving as chief election officer of the county.
- Providing licensing services for retail sales of liquor, beer, tobacco;
precious metals; transient merchant; mass gathering permits, public fireworks displays, and gambling permits/exemptions.
- Supervising internal mail services division for all in-coming and
out-going county mail.
- Disbursing county funds at the direction of the county board to cover
county liabilities, and serving as chief investment officer to invest
available fund balances under statutory guidelines.
- Mailing billing statements and collecting payment for all real estate,
personal property, severed mineral interests, manufactured homes, and
tree growth taxes.
- Maintaining tax books showing taxes paid or unpaid.
- Settling and distributing taxes collected for local taxing districts
of the county towns, cities, school districts, and special taxing
- Completing tax certificates and tax searches.
- Providing tax record information to realtors, mortgage companies and
- Collecting deed and mortgage registration taxes.
- Administering vital statistics birth, death, marriage, notary
public applications and service.
2013 State Audit Report
2012 State Audit Report
2011 State Audit Report
Control Board - pull-tabs, raffles, bingo, paddlewheels, and tipboards.